Photographer's Market Guide to Building Your Photography Business
by Vik Orenstein


Alan Babbitt Fine Art Photography

Today's post features the photography of Alan Babbit. I've included the YouTube and Vimeo videos featuring some his work; you can choose the one you want to view and embed.  Learn a bit about Babbit in his own words, below:





Confessions of a Photography Addict

"I was a kid when it started - a mere innocent. My folks got me a Kodak Brownie Hawkeye - my 1st camera. "Here kid", they said. "Enjoy it". What they should have said was, "Here kid. first one's free."

It was nothing at first, a 12 exposure roll here - couple of flash bulbs there. Before I knew it, I fell in with a fast crowd - hanging out in dark rooms!. Experimenting with CHEMICALS!!

It was then I started to break the rules. I began ignoring "NO TRESPASSING" signs. Sometimes, just for the thrill, I'd tilt the camera so the horizon WASN'T HORIZONTAL!!! Finally, I had to get a paper route & sell seeds door to door to feed my habit.

I did try to seek help. I joined a therapy group for photo addicts based on the "12 Stop" program. It didn't click. Everywhere I looked, people were selling film, never once asking for an ID.

Soon, I was out on the streets again, always angling for that next shot. Oh, I'd do anything to get high - climb trees, poles, fences, stairs - I had no pride. It got so I didn't care what people thought as I lay in the street with my wide angle lens stuck out there for all to see.

I hit bottom in Amsterdam. In a Koda-crazed state, I strapped on every piece of gear I'd brought - 2 cameras, 4 lenses, 4 kinds of film, light meters, filters, batteries and a tripod - and walked into town to shoot. Powerful images everywhere - wonderful architecture - smiling faces - magical light - scrumptious french fries. I couldn't crank a frame." ~ Alan Babbit


Read more of the humorous 'Confessions of a Photography Addict'.  To learn more about Photographer, Alan Babbitt, see more of his work and to purchase it, please visit his gallery on DiscoveredArtists.com:








Tweet @Chaella!


PET POSTERS & MY ART ON THINGS


See other gifts available on Zazzle.

BLOGS





NOTICE

"I DO NOT CLAIM CREDIT, AS PHOTOGRAPHER NOR RIGHTS HOLDER, OF ANY IMAGES FEATURED ON THIS BLOG, UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED. THE USE OF THE IMAGES IS, ONLY, FOR:
  • INSPIRATION AND / OR
  • INFORMATION, AS WELL AS,
  • TO FEATURE THE SUBJECT'S SERVICES, AND / OR GORGEOUS DESIGNS TO THE GLOBAL READERS OF THIS BLOGGER / BLOGSPOT / GOOGLE BLOG.
THE IMAGES ARE COURTESY OF SEVERAL SOURCES, AND I ALWAYS ENDEAVOR TO MENTION THOSE SOURCES. IF THERE IS AN IMAGE THAT IS YOURS, WITHOUT CREDIT STATED, PLEASE CONTACT ME AND I WILL STATE YOU AS A SOURCE, OR DELETE THE IMAGE FROM MY BLOG. THANK-YOU!"

ABOUT DIVINE DESIGNER

'Divine Designer' is a blog featuring the creative, beautiful and unique designs of designers across the vast spectrum of design, and from around the globe, including each design field, from Architectural Design to Website Design.
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...